The Russian Sankt Nicolai Church was built from 1907 to 1914 on the site of the Saray Mosque, which was destroyed after the victory over the Ottoman Empire. The church was named after Saint Nicokaus of Myra. The church was built in the Russian style based on the model of Muscovite churches from the 17th century and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The architect of this church was Mikhail Preobrazhensky, according to whose plans the Orthodox churches in Tallinn and Florence were also built.
The church is located in the center of the city and can be easily reached on foot from the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.